Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Clarifying Nonsense

Sometimes I wonder whether the things I write cross the line into gibberish (see A Clarification for an example). I enjoy playing with words and with the ideas behind them. What does it mean? Well, in the case of “A Clarification”, I think that it’s that the playing is the point, and that besides that there are no firm conclusions being drawn here, although the reader is welcome to come up with her own interpretation.

Some of the things I write draw on real events, but only as starting points for wordplay and/or idea-play. Although reality provides good starting points for stories, its own stories aren’t always the most interesting ones- or necessarily ones that I’d wish to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home