Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Letting Go

After a break from zinemaking, in the past few days I've found myself inspired to gather together stuff, and write new stuff too, having vaguely to do with the topic of "Letting Go". It's a topic that's become rather interesting to me in recent years. Also, last spring some friends of mine who do Playback Theatre did one on that very topic.

This may be coming at a very appropriate time for me. Or not. I don't want to jinx it or anything.

One problem about publishing things is that once they're published, they're published- I can't go back and change them anymore. Or I can, but it will be a differant version from the printed version, which can't be changed (unless I put out a new, altered edition). One piece I published that I was thinking of performing was a story about getting calls from a 1-800 number, but I found myself changing it to make it more interesting performance-wise. I ended up dropping it from my planned performance, but I like the new version better than the old. What a pity I already published it. Mind you, I had to fit the published version into a certain space, and the new version wouldn't have fitted. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home