Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Lunchtime: Chocolate and Coffee

Now's the time of year when I start drinking more coffee (I'm not usually a great coffee drinker) and craving sweets, especially chocolate. It's the quest for an energy boost.

I woke up this morning in a good mood though, not like some mornings. ("Grumble...grumble...it's cold, do I have to get out of bed? I'm warm here, and I'm still tired, and I bet it'll be grey and cold and rainy outside...where's the freakin' sun....grumble, grumble, cough, cough...oh great, now I'm probably coming down with a cold, just what I need right now...I've gotta get up though, or I'll be late...well, maybe just a few more minutes of warm rest in these blankets--maybe those hibernating animals have a point? But I've got to gat up...grumble, grumble...maybe go down for some some tea and cereal now", etc., etc.)

I've been writing more ecology of economics (or economics of ecology) stuff. Like this : People and Other Commodities 5: Have You Heard?. It's actually based on a monologue I did last May at an environmentally themed soiree. The good thing about is that while it contains topical material, the main concept is pretty elastic, so I can keep updating it- I've changed it a couple of times already. Ah, recycling....

I dedicate it to a friend of mine whose comments were part of the inspiration for it. Sometimes we see each other, sometimes we don't, but either way her inspiration stays with me from the times we have spent together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home