Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Took part in a playback workshop today. "What is playback?", you may be asking. Well, it's theatre where people in the audience tell of their impressions or emotions or things that happened to them, and the players "play it back" in front of them. Cool stuff, I tell you.

Actually, the first part of the workshop was on conflict- appropriately enough. Truth be told, in some ways I was maybe not ready for this. I found it very intense and I often found it hard to gather my thoughts into any coherent form. But it did lead into a reflection exercise that allowed me to talk to a friend who was there and who I ended up being partners with, about conflicts in my life- including a long-running one with myself that I hadn't really talked about with anyone (well, almost)- and since it was part of a conversation/exercise where we were talking to each other about these conflicts in our lives and reflecting them back to each other, it seemed alright to me to talk about it.

And however difficult the whole thing was, it was wonderful to be there with people who cared.

Just went to a restaurant with some friends, some of whom had last seen me not in person but on TV. It was fun though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home