Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm finding it very hard to focus on anything. Many people are not able to make sense of what happened, but my trouble isn't that- I'm having trouble making sense of my own life right now.

It's amazing how many people have told me that they saw me on the news, or even had friends call them to tell them they'd seen me on the news. I didn't see it, but then I didn't need to see it. I'd already lived it, and that was quite enough. At least it showed that I'd got out safely- though many were still concerned about my state of mind.

None of us comes through life unscathed. In fact, no one gets out alive. We can all expect to live through hard times. But I do feel that no one should have to die the way one 18 year old student has already died from this. I hope that all the ones who love her and who are mourning her death will feel loved and supported by all of us, those who comprise the community around them.

In memory of Anastasia DeSousa (1988-2006).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home