Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The other day I got an email, and the subject of it read: “Penetrate your partner for hours on end.” I didn’t read it, because I don’t think my partner, whoever he or she would be, would wish to be penetrated for hours on end. Sounds rather unpleasant if you ask me. I don’t think people go into a creative partnership or business venture with someone in order to be penetrated by anything. In fact, many such partnerships go wrong when one partner penetrates the other. Take it from me, being stabbed in the back by your partner is definitely not a good sign for the future of your partnership. I don't know of anyone who would welcome that sort of penetration at all.

But I suppose that if one partner wanted to stab the other in the back, it could be useful to have a sharp object that could keep penetrating the other’s back for hours on end. I guess that must be who the message is aimed at- someone wanting to stab his partner in the back for hours on end. The only problem with this theory is that I really don’t know where anyone could have got the idea that I am one of those people. I thought of asking the person who sent it to me where he or she would have got this idea, but I never got around to it, just like I didn’t get around to reading the message. I mean after all, there’s only so many hours in a day- 24 I think it was at last count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home