Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Winter Solstice

So....I managed to drag myself over the finish line. Work is over for 2006! I was worried there for a bit- a couple of days this week I just felt so depleted, all I wanted to do was sleep. I'm like that the last two weeks of the year.

Not that my "to do" list is empty. Now I have a day for buying gifts, hopefully without going insane. And then there's a couple of creative projects I told myself I'd work on over the vacation. Hopefully it won't be too much like work. I want to see if I can do home recording on my computer, and if so, if I can multitrack vocals, thus building up layers of interlocking harmonies. I want to practice guitar. AND, I want to work on a sort of theatre variety thing that will be a sort of musical too, that will be about activism and what that means, anyway. Is it worth it trying to save the world? Who do we think we are, trying to save the world? Do we need to deny ourselves or can we have fun trying to change things? And so on and so forth....

Oh yes, and doing some cooking at home is sounding good too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home