Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New Home

I'm still recovering from my Moving Day which was- you guessed it- December 1: last Friday, when the rain came down to freeze the ground, often accompanied by driving ice pellets. So this is why July 1 is more popular. The move's done anyway, and I'm glad because while I don't wish to dislike anybody, it's sometimes easier to avoid disliking them if you don't have to live or work with them.

Still, on Saturday evening I found myself nodding off during a party, and it wasn't out of boredom. The odd thing was, I went to another one afterwards that evening. I want to at least make the effort to be sociable and demonstrate that I care about and appreciate the people in my life. But I only stayed at the second party for half an hour.

So I've got a new home now, and though I'm still getting settled in I rather like the feel of it and of the neighbourhood- the eastern Plateau, just off of Mont-Royal Street, and a block away from a large park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home