Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

On Saturday I finally went to see Darren Ell’s photographic exhibition, "Between States", after weeks of procrastination. More details here- Review of 'Between States'.

I also wrote a song called "What Is This Love?". I conceived it as a meditation on how easily love can turn ugly. It soon dawned on me that it contains some pretty barbed lines that I could imagine someone having said to me with some justification, although that person was too nice to do so. So it's up to me, the nasty one, to come up with lines like "No way to live, passive aggression’s/the way to leave a bad impression", "You declare your love with every threat/explaining that it made you upset", "Slamming the door, saying we were worlds apart/you tried to win a war that I tried not to start". And then there’s the chorus: "What is this love that you say you feel, that turns to anger to prove that it’s real?"

Hopefully this is part of the process of learning some important lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home