Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Joke to Lighten the Mood

And now, a break from the heavy philosophizing about politics, war and the nature of evil. Here’s a joke someone showed me at work:

“One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although unfamiliar with the lake, the wide decides to tale the boat out herself. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book. Along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman, and says:

“Good morning, Ma’am. What are you are you doing?”
“Reading a book”, she replies, a bit impatiently. Isn’t it obvious?
“You’re in a Restricted Fishing Area”, he informs her solemnly.
“I’m sorry officer”, she replies, “but as you can see, I’m not fishing. I’m reading.”
“Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start any moment. I’ll have to take you in and write you up.”
“If you do that, I’ll have to charge you with sexual assault.”
“But I haven’t even touched you!”, objects the game warden.
“That’s true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know, you could start at any moment.”
“Have a nice day, ma’am”, says the game warden, who promptly makes his escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home