Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Zines and things

I'm on vacation now! But although I'm going to be leaving town for a few days (if all goes well), first I'm taking some time chilling and finishing the second issue of my zine, Subversive Creation. It's just about done, just need to have some copies printed.

What's it about? Well, I studied philosophy for my undergrad, and I think in a way this zine grasps at creative ways of "doing philosophy", using poetry and stories, drawings and articles The theme for the first one was "learning life's lessons". For this one, it's "telling stories". This issue includes stories of trying to find an apartment in New York City, of war, of disintegrating friendships, of leaving a job, of silent phone calls from the Old Timers' Hockey Challange, of a flag-hating kleptomanic and his early morning bonfire. Are these autobiographical stories? Well, bits here and there are from real life, or based on it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home