Words and Things

A montreal paul's electronic scrapbook- thoughts gathered together may end up having their meetings reported on here.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fighting Words

I overheard a fight the other day, which inspired this song:

Uh, yeah, thanks for your concern
But you never seem to learn
I'll have to put you in your place
You're not leaving me any space

You say you care for me
Well, then, let me be free
The door did not just slam,
But let me be who I am

At the risk of causin' strife
I ain't lettin' you take control
Reducing me to a walk-on role
In the story of my own life
If you don't like me as I am
Well, you can always just scram
I'm not yours upon demand,
Under your command

I know the words that you say,
I know your game, and I won't play,
'Cos it's only you who sets the rules
I remember moments- such shining jewels

that are in my memory now
of joy in play that have somehow
been lost to time, and now you see
me as your valuable property

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home